Jeffrey Veitch, Esquire named a Super Lawyer by Washington Law & Politics magazine in 2016 and 2017.
Jeff has previously been honored with the distinction of being named a "Rising Star" by Law & Politics magazine on several occasions and has also been recognized by Law & Politics magazine in its "Who's Who in Criminal Defense & DUI/DWI Law" edition every year since 2007. Jeff has also achieved a 10/10 Superb rating from AVVO.COM, an independent attorney rating service and was also Selected as a "Top 100" Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers. Since 2002, Jeff has been the author of "Defending DUI's-A Defense Perspective", in the "Law and Practice Manual" attorney Deskbook Series, which is the reference book published for attorneys. A graduate of the Capital University Law Center in Columbus, Ohio, Jeff began his practice in Pennsylvania, where he specialized in complex criminal law issues. In his career, Jeff has also handled many complex criminal trials and appeals in Washington and Pennsylvania, ranging from DUI to first degree murder.
As a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Jeff was appointed as one of two special trial unit prosecutors where he was responsible for the filing and prosecution of all high profile cases. As a prosecutor and defense attorney, Jeff has handled thousands of cases and has litigated more than a hundred cases through trial.
Jeff is known for his exceptional trial techniques and his dedication to his client's cause. Jeff has also played key roles in the creation, preparation and litigation of several highly publicized major evidentiary issues which have led to the suppression of many hundreds of breath tests.
MEMBERSHIPS / AFFILIATIONS
- Erie County Bar Association-Criminal Defense Lawyers Section
- Pennsylvania and Washington State Bar Associations
- National College for DUI Defense-NCDD
- Northwest Academy of DUI Defense-NADD
- HeraldNet.com, May 24, 2000 DUI breath test rules under fire
- "Accuracy of machines called into question by defense attorney."
PUBLISHED ARTICLES / PUBLICATIONS
- Defending DUI's-A Defense Perspective, Law and Practice Manual,
King County Bar Association, 2002-2010.
- "Estopped" (Collateral Estopple and the Department of Licensing) Trial Lawyers News, February 2002.
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; A Legislative and Case Law Update Defending DUI's'-Foundation for Criminal Justice-Seminar Materials
- KCBA "Nuts and Bolts" Seminar Materials Alternatives To Trial, March 2001.
FEATURED SPEAKER AT LEGAL SEMINARS AROUND THE STATE.
"Defending DUI's" - Foundation for Criminal Justice
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; A Legislative and Case Law Update
"Nuts and Bolts"- March 2001
Alternatives to Trial